Monday, August 16, 2010

Helpful Tips For Brides in Search of a Wedding Gown

  • Just because the dress model in the picture looks like Rachael Leigh Cook from "She's All That" doesn't mean the dress she is wearing sucks. In fact, it could very well be the one for you!
  • Never say a firm "no" to any style or cut. You never know what is going to look amazing on you. Hate lace? You could be missing out on something stunning. Rhinestones make you hurl? Take a deep breath and put on the damn dress. Just try it. Maybe you will like it. 
  • The dress you have your heart set on might actually look terrible on you and you have to be ready for that.
  • The dresses that are ugliest in the photos apparently look the prettiest in real life. And vice versa with the prettiest ones in the photos looking ugly. It is very odd.
  • You will feel fat if you are a normal sized person. Deal with it. 
  • Never rule out the weird ones.
  • There may not be an amazing moment when you "just know." it is the dress for you. This is also true in love, by the way. Sometimes things (dresses, people) grow on you and are comfortable and make the most sense. And that is just as special and rare and should be celebrated too!
  • If you can stick to your budget and feel pretty in the dress, that is all you need to feel successful. 

I don't know why I decided I am a worthy person capable of doling out advice for brides. Perhaps because yesterday I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS and I am excited to share the things I learned in my short little quest. That makes me qualified, yes?






No comments: