Thursday, April 07, 2011

Is it too late to analyze 2010 a little more?

So I was farting around on the ole internet like you do sometimes when there is nothing else to do, or you do sometimes to avoid what you have to do...you know how it is. And I stumbled upon an old blog post of mine from the beginning of 2010. It listed out some resolutions and I thought I would look at how far I have come with some of them. Now I realize that it is April 2011 already when I am doing this little check in. So it's a little late. But I have actually made some progress with some of this stuff! Some of it happened right before 2011 started, and some started right after. Hey--better late than never, am I right?


So anyway...let's see how we did:


  • Work out at least 3 times a week

  • I am now at the point where I (typically) work out 3 times a week! Unless like this week I become terribly ill with some demon virus that doesn't allow me to do anything but lay on the couch watching Netflix streaming episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress." Then I take a break from that routine.


  • Focus on eating healthier

  • I joined WeightWatchers earlier this year and I am now much more conscious of what I put in my mouth on a daily basis. So that is definitely helping me attack that goal.


  • Solidify the wedding date and location and get "save the dates" out

  • Ah jeez this was done ages ago, so totally rocked that one in 2010


  • Find a better second job or a new job entirely

  • How about two? I found one job in September and then got stolen away to re-visit production life again in job number two. And all this happened in the last few months of 2010. Shizzam!


  • Finish at least 5 scenes for a book I am writing

  • Whoops. FAIL.


  • Workshop a monologue and go on a few auditions

  • Um...FAIL again. No time! Getting married! I will catch this the next round.


  • Put time aside to meditate

  • I go to yoga once a week now. I think that counts.


  • Make better use of my downtime at home 

  • Hmmmm...I think I am still losing that battle to dreaded Facebook time-suck and People magazine online. Help me! I have addictions!


    Well, all in all I think I did pretty good on this list. You can't win them all and sometimes it can be an accomplishment to even tackle a handful of goals on your list. So I suppose after my wedding,  my creative side apparently needs to be nurtured a bit more, as I gleaned from the pattern above.

    Ok then, it's on!




    No comments: