Sunday, July 25, 2010

Guys I have been so lazy about writing ever since I got back from vacation in St Louis! I don't know what is wrong with me. All I want to do is laze in the sun with good friends and drink beers and/or margaritas. I think that means I have an acute case of "Summer-itis." And I am not sure how to cure myself...or if I even want to be cured, honestly.

I started writing little pieces for an online community called Examiner.com and I was doing really good for about a month. They claim to pay for your writing and make you open a paypal account and everything, but all I see is like 5 cents in there most days. And sometimes it goes up or down a few cents, which I find hilarious and I can't quite figure out how to get more money out of it yet. What I do know is that my lack of writing in the last two weeks has brought the account down to like -1 cent, if that is even possible. This is not good, folks. I can't owe some random web employer of mine 1 cent. That is ludicrous. I joined this site because I wanted to force myself to write articles and share info with people on a regular basis. Also to get my writing chops up in a venue other than this little corner of mine. And now all I have to show for it is -1 cent in a paypal account. I am doing it all wrong.

Well hopefully I will get back into the groove with my writing and be more disciplined about doing it regularly after calling myself out here and writing about it publicly. This whole self-motivation thing has always been tricky for me, and I was proud of myself thus far. Until this week, when it all fell apart due to my general apathy and numerous social obligations.

Can you blame a girl for being popular? Damn.

I kid, I kid. But now I have to go. A friend of mine is headed over here to grill up some Grouper that was left at yesterday's BBQ extravaganza. (Yep. Someone came with Grouper. And left it in the fridge without cooking it up. Who does that? Everyone else brought effing brats, like a normal person.) Score for us.

I will leave you with this, because why not blow your effing mind for a sec?  Happy Sunday, y'all.





No comments: