Sunday, October 01, 2006

I quit my job I guess. It is finally official.Having a record for being sort of half assed about a lot of things, I handled it in the usual way. I took some time off to try temping, then I never really went back. I called and planned on going in to talk to the boss about it (mentioned in my other blog) but I think God didn't want me to have to do that because it rained so fiercely yesterday. When faced with the rain, I did what any person who didn't really wanna do something would do. I called instead to investigate if it was even worth going down there for. After numerous phone tag calls, The boss and I finally touched base and he seemed even less into the whole talking thing than I was. So we handled it lamely over the phone. But I stressed that I had WANTED to do it right. It just didn't quite work out that way...

And another chapter of my existance is closed. Awkwardly closed, with maybe a doorstop smashed in there just in case, but closed enough for now.

I am not sure why I am so bad at confrontation. I really want to be the person who wows people with her quick thinking and logic, her professional manner and open frankness when she thinks something isn't right. But instead I freeze up when faced with actual eye to eye confrontation about what I really want. I hardly ever seem to know what I really want, and maybe that is my way of staying out of trouble. Knowing what you want means facing the sad truth that you may not get what you want. So instead, I stumble around trying for things halfassedly so i don't get too disappointed when I don't get things.

I don't know what I am really going for with this. It's Sunday and my brain isn't quite up to par. Maybe this is why most people don't blog on the weekends...
Another avoidance of going deeper right now...compliments of Leanne...

No comments: