Monday, March 12, 2007

I am watching a really stupid movie right now. The Truth About Cats and Dogs, which tries to pair Jeanne Garafalo and Uma Thurman as BFFs. And thows in a hot Englishman. Stir and serve, and you've got yourself a tasty crumby movie!
As things spiral out of control for our poor romantic leads, I am struck by how idiotic everything is. The latest thing is that this guy makes a list of pretty intimate, romantic things he loves about the pretty girl, (but really means about the "ugly" girl), and tries to read them to the "ugly" character, to get her opinion. Who does that? I would never write beautiful heartfelt words about my boyfriend and then read them to some guy friend of his to see what the other guy thought of it! Those words are meant for my boyfriend alone!
And now the ugly girl and hot guy just had a deep convo about how beauty doesn't matter when you get to know a person...awww...right after he pontificated for the whole damn movie about how beautiful Uma is. I enjoy this movie for it's ridiculous contradictions and sappy "all works out" sort of feeling.

Ok wait...now the two BFFs just called each other "dumb bitch" and laughed gaily. I no longer have anything redeeming to say about all this.
Lets just call it a night, shall we?

No comments: